IT Support at Home for Disabled People
AbilityNet provides a range of support to help disabled people get the most from their home computers, tablets and smartphones. Our network of friendly AbilityNet IT Can Help volunteers can fix all sorts of IT problems and our free factsheets and other expert resources provide a range of specialist advice and information. – See more at: https://abilitynet.org.uk/at-home#sthash.ccTK0njO.dpuf
AbilityNet has a network of friendly disclosure checked ITCanHelp volunteers who offer free computer support to disabled people and older people.
You may have a problem with viruses, need some help installing broadband or be confused about updates or error messages. Our friendly, trustworthy volunteers have relevant IT skills and may be able to help with computer systems, laptops, tablets and even some smartphones.
What can we help with?
Our volunteers can help in all sorts of ways, including:
- choosing equipment to meet your particular needs, with suggestions on computer, adaptations, software or broadband
- helping install and set up new software, arranging settings and adjusting accessibility options
- diagnosing problems, malfunctions, viruses or software updates
- helping you get more form your computer, such as online shopping, video calls to friends, playing music or games….
They can’t provide free hardware or software and they will try to help you get the most from your computer – and if they can’t help you we can offer independent advice about your best options.
For an idea of what we can do, take a look at some examples of how we’ve helped people.
– See more at: https://abilitynet.org.uk/at-home/IT-support-for-disabled-people#sthash.dlICWKy1.dpuf
Adjust Your Computer. Change Your Life.
Vision – help with seeing your screen
Hearing – help with sounds and audio
Motor – help with keyboard and mouse difficulties
Cognitive – help with reading, spelling and understanding
Use My Computer My Way to take control of your computer at www.abilitynet.org.uk/mcmw
– See more at: https://abilitynet.org.uk/expert-resources/my-computer-my-way#sthash.JwgJohJl.dpuf
AbilityNet provides a range of high quality paid for and free services that help disabled people succeed at work, at home and in education. – See more at: https://abilitynet.org.uk/services#sthash.AYOpTYk0.dpuf
AbilityNet General Contact Form
- Use the form below to ask a question or request our help
- Call us free on 0800 269 545 – UK office hours, Monday-Friday
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org